My Journey Begins

My Journey Begins
At Mom & Dad's House

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Do I really want another traffic ticket?

I rolled a stop sign. I think you all know that story, but I think I may need to remind myself of that lesson. "Stop, Thea. Just stop, and listen to my voice."

I am learning (ever so painfully) that stopping, waiting, and just leaving it all alone is the hardest thing I have EVER done in my life! Really??! Don't do anything? "Yes," He says. The thing that is even harder to comprehend is that all He wants me to do right now is enjoy my life. Live my life and enjoy my new "singlehood" while learning to lean on Him and be happy. Why is it, that given this new freedom, this amazing gift from My Creator, with a tangible sign in hand (traffic ticket though it may be!) that I still have trouble just letting go?

Mom says, "Let Go, Let God Be God." She added the "Be God" part, but it's so true. He's got it under control. Why am I so interested in taking control of the steering wheel of my life? Have I done such a good job all by myself (I hear the resounding "no" from the peanut gallery).

My "A" Team gave me a collective butt chewing today, and yes, I did need it. For those who are keeping track, yes, I did a lot of "spring cleaning" today to purge stuff I've been holding onto. You guys were ON TRACK today! Thanks for having my back.

Tomorrow will be a better day, and if a day is too much to handle, then I'll just take it hour by hour, or minute by minute. Why? Because a wise woman once told me that my story has already been written, and God already knows that I can handle these tests. If He is for me, who can be against me (even myself)! AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment