My Journey Begins

My Journey Begins
At Mom & Dad's House

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Lunch with God

Yesterday God and I had lunch. I've got to tell you that things have been full force in my spiritual battle, and I felt worn down, so I prayed for help and clarity of mind. God responded immediately with an answer, "Why don't WE go to lunch?"

"Really?" I thought, "like a lunch date?"
"YES" came the reply, "like a lunch date."

When lunchtime came, I went to my beach, it's actually called Moonlight Beach, but it's the place that I go to when I need to think. It's right down the street from my work, and it is really beautiful. I brought my lunch, and sat on one of the benches located on a cliff that overlooks my beach. As I sat there, I breathed in the wonderful warm salt air, felt the cool breeze touch my face, and for the first time in a several days I just took a deep, relaxing breath. I felt God's presence with me as I sat there eating my lunch. It felt like Love was wrapping me in a blanket of Peace. It was like fresh from the oven chocolate chip cookies and mama's praise all wrapped up on a park bench.

As I got ready to leave, I felt so much better. The spiritual battle was still raging around me, but I KNEW that I was not alone in this!

"Thank you, God. I really needed that"
"You're welcome. Next time, don't wait so long to have lunch with me. You know I'm always here for you, all you have to do is ask."

I know...you are awesome. I love you, God.

No comments:

Post a Comment