My Journey Begins

My Journey Begins
At Mom & Dad's House

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My Second Step in the Right Direction

Let me tell ya folks...this is gonna be a looong journey!

After my surprise visit from "him" I fell into a small tail spin (yet again). Looking back a week and a half later, I'm starting to take my first deep, calming breaths again. It feels good to be in my own skin again. I missed this, and more importantly, I think God missed me too!

Before the visit, I had felt something that I only vaguely remember from the time before my mom died. Peace. Listen, if you've never felt God's complete and holy love within your heart, man, you need to get there! It's the most amazing feeling I have ever felt, and I know that I always want to live in God's love. I pray each day that my actions are not only "right" but that I make God proud of me, that he looks at me and, with a smile on his face, says "well done, my good and faithful servant." I want my Papa to be proud of me. Speaking of which...

I just finished "The Shack." Dad, you were right. It's awesome, and I think everyone that breaths should read that book because it explains God's Love in a very tangible way. I needed to read that book. Thank you, God. I love you, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment